Inquiry about GSoC2020

Meng_Chen99 meng_chen99 at 163.com
Tue Mar 24 12:34:27 GMT 2020

Dear Mentors/Developers:
         I’m writing to inquire about the GSoC project. I am Meng Chen from China and I want to contribute to GCompris. I’m sorry that I didn’t get information about GSoC and GCompris earlier, I hope it’s not too late for me to contact you.

         I major in computer science in Beijing university of posts and telecommunications. I have been studying there for nearly two years. I have acquired a good knowledge of Data Structure, mathematics and C/C++, and also have a slight knowledge of Qt5, but I know little of SQL.

I have been reading parts of docs of GCompris. To express myself briefly, I believe education is one of the most important things in the world. Living in China for 20 years, the education method in China is a kind of classic type which We will think about when we grew up. I hope I can get new comprehension in education and contribute to international education. However, I am still new to open source so I would be grateful for your guidance. Could you suggest me how to proceed further in GSoC?

Best Regards,

Meng Chen

meng_chen99 at 163.com