Online version

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:58:46 GMT 2020

Le 18/03/2020 à 15:44, Aleś Bułojčyk a écrit :
> Hi All !
>
> New version of GCompris(with Qt Quick) looks great.
>
> Are you planning to create some kind of browser version ? Since
> activities implemented using JavaScript, and there are some QML
> declarations can be translated to HTML(like via QmlWeb), it can be
> possible.
>
> WBR, Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comment.

We do not plan to create a "browser" version, it would be more
complicated than you think: we have some part of the core in C++, and I
don't know how good QmlWeb would work with our extensive use of Qml.

I can read on https://community.kde.org/QmlWeb : "QmlWeb is not intended
to run native QtQuick applications using QmlWeb without migration
effort" , so considering the huge size of our code base, it would be too
much work to port, and more to maintain both versions with the ongoing
development.

Also, there was an attempt to port some activities to HTML+JS before the
start of the new Qt-based version, but this experiment shown us that
porting to QtQuick was much more appropriate for performance and
convenience reasons.

Regards,

Timothée