custom image library

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:08:02 GMT 2020

Hi,

Thanks Emmanuel for raising this question.

First, about the "custom image directory", I think that's a good idea,
that fits the plans we already discussed to bring back the feature from
the old gcompris that allowed to easily change the pictures frome an
activity by just placing some images in a specific folder.

That part is quite agreed upon, the tricky bit is to integrate it.

But about the proposal for "A private image directory containing all the
GCompris official images", I don't think I would like this: I find it
much more convenient when working on an activity to have the assets of
that activity in the resource folder next to the code. Putting instead
all images in the same place would make it much harder to work on my
side... It's like if you proposed to put all the code files of every
activities in the same place (imagine how messy it would be ;) ).

Sure there are a few images which are used from one activity to another,
but still I would not like to change the way they are ordered now.

Timo.