[gsoc 2019] it starts now

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:18:10 BST 2019

Hi Akshay,

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance for this GSoC.

As you know, this is now the community bonding period, where you "get
to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working
on their projects".

Now is a nice time to explain to the mailing list what you plan to do
during the next few months.
If you have doubts regarding your proposals or questions, it is still
the good time.

On the phabricator page, you can add your name in front of the
tasks/activities you'll
do (if they don't exist, create them in the good section).

Please try to restrict your technical communication to public channels,
either the mailing list or the IRC. This allows to gather more feedback
from a wider audience. For instance, it is important to keep our little
community in the development loop.

Try to keep your blog up-to-date and post on https://planetkde.org/from
time to time.

We hope we'll have fun during these months,

Timothée and the GCompris mentor team