GCompris Voice Recording

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 12:54:26 GMT 2019

Hi Iñigo,

Le sam. 7 déc. 2019 à 11:53, "Iñigo Salvador Azurmendi"
<xalba at clientes.euskaltel.es> a écrit :

> Hello Johnny,
>

> I'm looking the status of GCompris Voice Recording in Basque.
>
> Can you guide me how to undertake the completion of voice recording?

we have a wiki page for helping to know how to record:
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt
For introduction, the voices should match the texts in
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris_voices.po/

> - In Intro there is more information than in the other "chapters".

Yes, for the other ones, it's more direct (just translate the
countries or words).

> - In Intro and Words there is a note that indicates files are missing: do I have to create them?

You can directly get the English file from
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Word_Lists_Qt#Simple_Letters_.28Typing_letters.29_level_design
and once done, you can commit it.

For "Click on letter", it is in
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/tree/src/activities/click_on_letter/resource.
If you prefer, send them to me once translated, I'll commit them in
the repository directly.

> - Do you know who and when made the existing recordings??

Here is the LICENCE file for all the contributions:
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-data/blob/master/voices/LICENSE
For Basque, it was done in 2005 by Jone de la Cruz Plazaola (but I
have no email for this person).

> - Should I send this message also to KDE i18n-doc <kde-i18n-doc at kde.org> or is it better to send it directly to you and not saturate KDE i18n-doc?

No need to send this mail to kde-i18n, for voices, you can directly go
by me or this mailing list.
If it's not clear enough, feel free to ask for clarification.

Johnny