GCompris activity proposal - Farming

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:31:58 BST 2019

Le 03/04/2019 à 19:36, Edoarda Vallim a écrit :
> Hello, my name is Edoarda. I would like to make an activity for
> GCompris, if it's okay!
>
> The link to the proposal is here:
> ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1_s9d_O8rCQ3vxc8w9nIa5vXK-LkN4Wdv0LKH5W8Vs3U/edit?usp=sharing
> <http://docs.google.com/document/d/1_s9d_O8rCQ3vxc8w9nIa5vXK-LkN4Wdv0LKH5W8Vs3U/edit?usp=sharing>
>
> Thanks for your attention!
>
> Note: This activity is a personal project, I don't intend entering on
> SoC/GSoC with it. However, I would still like you to aprove it, since
> I would like to see it becoming a part of GCompris sometime.

Hello Edoarda,

Thanks for your interest to contribute a new activity in GCompris.

I've read your proposal. Actually we have been discussing recently about
the idea to add an activity to teach about agriculture. But I would
prefer to have something teaching the principles of permaculture and
agroforestry (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permaculture and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agroforestry ), rather than something
entirely based on manually adding fertilizers and water like in your
proposal.

Can you please study a bit those principles and try to adapt your
activity proposal to integrate those ideas? I have a global idea of what
could be done on that topic, so ask me if you have any doubt.

Cheers,

Timothée