How can I compile GCompris with the voices added to it?

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:43:56 GMT 2018

Hi,

If you want to compile from the existing voices, you can find them in this
repository: https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-data
In the voices folder, there is update_voices.sh
<https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-data/blob/master/voices/update_voices.sh>
script to generate the rcc files.

If you just want to have the existing voices, in the configuration, you can
set to Arabic and click on "Check for updates" in front of "Localized
voices".

Note that for arabic, we don't have the voices for all introductions and
words: https://gcompris.net/voicestats/voice_status_ar.html

Johnny