[GSOC] Porting to Qt

Alexis B alexis95150 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:18:10 UTC 2018

Thank you Johnny for your prompt reply and excuse me for my late response.
I finally
used Phabricator to send a little revision, I hope I did it correctly.

Concerning the Gsoc, because I don't have enough experience in testing and
I'm realizing
that it's probably out of my knowledge, I prefer to concentrate on porting
an
activity. Thus, I'm working on a proposal for the Animation Activity but
someone
already made one, so tell me if the competition embarrasses, I could
propose a new
activity from this ideas list :
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Ideas_for_activities .

Secondly, regarding the .wav sounds in GCompris on Linux, it looks like they
have been disabled in GCAudio.qml because of an old bug with Gstreamer :

function play(file) {
        if(!fileId.exists(file) || muted)
            return false

        // @FIXME There is a bug in gstreamer that makes wav files to
freeze us on Linux.
        // For now we don't play wav files at all
        // https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49689
        if(/.wav$/.test(file) && ApplicationInfo.platform ==
ApplicationInfo.Linux)
            return false

Is there a workaround ? Commenting the if makes the sounds work correctly
but indeed make
Gstreamer errors like in the 4 in a row activiy. Maybe we could change all
the .wav sounds
to another format ?

Thank you

Alexis Breton