GSoC 2019

Aman Kumar Gupta gupta2140 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:44:25 GMT 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM Johnny Jazeix <jazeix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Like every year, we plan to be part of GSoC.
>
> We also need to define the tasks we'll propose (KDE submits its
> application on Jan 15th).
>
> Looking at the major activities to port the only missing one is "analog
> electricity" (https://phabricator.kde.org/T5954). There is still room for
> other activities too (adding biology ones for example) or the actual
> phabricator tasks (https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/1/).
>
> The second point to work on, is to continue working on the multi dataset
> per activity. For now, it's still a WIP in branch multi_dataset (
> https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/log/?h=multiple_dataset) but it will be
> a rework on a lot of activities to use dataset in form of json instead of
> hardcoding the levels in the js/qml files (the aim not being to do all of
> them in the GSoC but having it half time with an activity).

Can we have an overview idea of what is the concept of multiple dataset and
how are the activities supposed to adapt to it? Also what is expected from
this task? It can be seen that some work has already started in the branch,
it would be good to know what does it aim at? How are the activities
supposed to work after addition of multiple dataset? Will the end-user be
able to create a dataset for himself, or it means multiple dataset like in
categorization activity, except that the user will be provided with the all
the dataset along with a small description for each, and they can choose
one according to their suitability?

> What do you think? Do you have other ideas we can propose?
> Who has time (and will) to mentor this year?
>

> Johnny

Thanks,
Aman