GSoC introduction

Aman Kumar Gupta gupta2140 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:45:18 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I am Aman Kumar Gupta, a 2nd year undergraduate student at International
Institute of Information Technology. I've been selected as a GSoC student
this year with GCompris and am very thankful to all who have contantly
helped and guided me.

In this year's GSoC, I'm planning to complete the port of all the
piano-based musical activities from GTK+ to Qt version:
1. Piano composition.
2. Play Piano.
3. Play Rhythm.
4. Note names.

These all will be developed in the same branch which is:
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/?h=playpiano

Apart from these, I'll develop a core component *GCCreationHandler, *with
which the user can handle his/her creations with the following features:
1. Save the creations as separate files and with the name that the user
will input.
2. Display all the creations for the running activity.
3. Delete creations.
4. Search feature.
5. Load creation to the activity.

This tool will be of great help in managing creation files for activities
like BalanceBox, baby wordprocessor, piano composition and some other
activities which can be configured after its development.

As the community bonding period is going on, I'll read the code base of the
currently implemented code, analyze its state and plan on how to proceed
with my works mentioned in the proposal and will hand-prepare a plan-chart
on how to achieve them and in what order will they be best.

I thank all the mentors to give me this opportunity and helped my dream
come true. I know this chance is given to me having faith, trust and
expectations from me and I will not let anyone down :)

Hope to have a great summer.

Proposal link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mVLqgbwM5NB_a5mj5u0Un7hGPjuSQqIM

Blog posts: https://amankumargupta.wordpress.com/category/gcompris/