GCompris 0.91 call for translations

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:47:12 UTC 2018

 Hi,

we are planning to do a bugfix release for GCompris for beginning of May.
Mostly, we fixed strings from feedbacks from Jan and Michael, thank you
both.
And also:
* many little bug fixes and improvements
* enabled again the wav playing files on Linux (could cause freezes on OS
with old gstreamer versions but should be fine now).
* added localized words for crane activity (https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris
.git/tree/src/activities/crane/wordset.js?h=KDE/0.90). If you want to add
words containing letters that are not in the latin alphabet, we need to add
them in the images (https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/tree/src/
activities/crane/resource/letters?h=KDE/0.90).
* Scottish Gaelic added to the locales list.

The strings are now freezed, we plan to release around May 5th.
There are around 50 fuzzy strings and 10 news regarding the previous
version.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more time.

Here are the beta packages with current translation:

http://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/gcompris-qt-0.91-beta1-Linux64.sh

http://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/gcompris-qt-0.
91-beta1-win64.exe
http://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/gcompris-qt-0.
91-beta1-win32.exe

http://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/beta/GCompris-
Android-debug-armeabi-v7a-dl-0.91-beta1.apk

Timothée & Johnny