GCompris-Server in GSoc

RISHABH GUPTA rishabh9511 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:22:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

I had a discussion with Johnny a few days back. I came to understand that
GCompris-Server would require the mentors to be very focused as Server is
quite important, and since the priority is to complete the unfinished
activities, my proposal would have a less chance of getting selected.

I still would like to go ahead and prepare a proposal . There is no harm in
doing that :)

I will be sharing a brief of what I plan to do during GSoc[1]

I would also  like  if you guys give your opinion as to what needs to be
done next. This will be helpful in both the ways:
1. Will help me in preparing my proposal.
2. We will have a  list of what needs to be done next. So, even If I don't
get selected, I will know what to do next(will I be allowed to work outside
GSoc?)

For now I am just sharing what should be done and not the implementation
details
[1]What I plan to do during Gsoc

Priority Wise:

* Dataset Handling
A common template to prepare data set for any activity

* Server Configuration
Display a set of activities on client's tablet. Teacher will have the
option to choose which activities should be displayed on client's tablet

*Notification bar
Teacher will be notified as soon as some user submits an answer.

What I am currently working on
I am trying to get rid of the bugs that we currently face and just cleaning
up what I did during SOK(mostly on the remarks that Johnny gave me)

I have not included a lot of things in the proposal  If there's anything
that you feel I have missed  or is more important then please add it to the
list.

Thank you :)
Rishabh