GSoC Proposal Draft

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 16:06:54 UTC 2017

On 03/17/17 05:42, Souradeep Barua wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated my proposal in compliance with suggestions from
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/GSOC_newcomers.
> Mentors please take a look and I would be very grateful to receive
> your reviews and suggestions. :)
>
> Proposal
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d9DapqJY9pjARgYQj9JOHLkYxPbQ5CCHi0vwCxFTQdU/edit?usp=sharing>
>
> --
> *Regards,
>
> *
> *Souradeep Barua,
> *
> *Computer Science and Engineering Department,
> *
> *Jadavpur University, kolkata
> *

Hi,

regarding morse_code, there was a proposition from Horia to add a free
mode allowing the child to create its own sounds, have you thought on
how we can add it in the activity?

Where/when (I mean in the activity flow) do you plan to add the audio
mode? Like in lang or another solution?

You also need to take care of not having these levels when sounds are
disabled.

I don't think you need a complete audio dataset but just the 2 sounds
(short and long).

For programming_maze, the main inspiration was more
https://lightbot.com/ than blocky-games. Having a tutorial to explain
what are the different instructions can be interesting.

For me, the programming maze could be considered as the first level to
introduce programmation, then the draw a shape and bird need more
reflexion from the child and should be more complicated.

The timeline seems fine to me, maybe you will need to add time for the
audio mode in morse code.