Some suggestions :)

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:28:05 UTC 2017

> Hi Johnny,
>
> I have some suggestions regarding following features-
>
> 1) GCAudio - If I am not wrong,  while using GCAudio API in one of my
> activities I found out that there is no option to add loops/repetition to
> the sound being played. It would be great to have this attribute added to
> GCAudio API in case anyone want's to loop a sound a specific number of
> times or infinitely.

Using a Timer that would trigger the play of audioEffects do the same?

> 2) Keyboard on GCompris Android - While using GCompris on my Android
> mobile device I found out that it's keyboard layout is quite different from
> what we see in most computing devices i.e. QWERTY layout.
> Screenshot link - http://imgur.com/a/1eaC1
>
> Almost everyone (even kids) is now  comfortable using that layout. It
> would be great to have QWERTY layout in our app.

In France, for example, the keyboard is an azerty so French children do not
know the qwerty layout. It's also different in other countries. And we
can't implement and maintain all of these.
Another point is that qwerty layout does not have accentued characters (é,
è, ù...) or non Latin characters which would make it complicated for
Russian, Chinese...

With Qt5.7, Qt has freed their virtual keyboard, maybe it would be an idea
to look at it when we have some time.

Johnny