GCompris-Server in GSoc

RISHABH GUPTA rishabh9511 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:37:12 UTC 2017

Hello,

This is the first time I am writing on the main list after the end of SOK.

To start with, I would like to thank the mentors for giving me the
opportunity to work on GCompris-Server.
I had a great time working on it. Thank you for all the support during this
time

I am willing to work on GCompris Sever further and would like to know
whether you people would like to see GCompris-Server as a GSoc project ?

I worked on it during SOK and have pushed whatever has been done here
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/?h=networkClient

Just a brief of what's done:

* Server and clients can establish a connection and communicate
   Server can send the login list to the clients
   Clients can send the results of the activities to the server

* Teachers on the server side, can create Users and Groups
* Storage Layer - Database to store Users, Groups and Activity Results(only
for Reverse Count at the moment)

There are features that I proposed during the SOK but are still not done
and also there are important  features mentioned here
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Administration_design

I have also updated the phabricator page
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/145/query/all/

So, yes there is still important work left to be done and I would like to
 work on it.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Rishabh