Next release timeframe ? And help for an article

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Jun 15 09:40:04 UTC 2017

On mercredi, 14 juin 2017 21.03:38 h CEST JAZEIX Johnny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we don't have a specific date but the next release should be done before
> August.
>
> There is a task showing the news: https://phabricator.kde.org/T5227
Ok thanks perfect, at that time, I will create a updated package for
maintenance release.

> Do you have an idea of the length of the article you need? Should it be
> technical (talking about KDE, technologies...) or more user oriented
> (content of the software)?

I've asked Doug DiMaio, for more informations. But I guess if we have a full
length article, we will be able to publish it online, and shorten it if
needed.

> For screenshots, we have the ones from the website:
> https://cgit.kde.org/websites/gcompris-net.git/tree/screenshots_qt/large

Cool plenty of stuff, now the hard part will be what to select.
I also like the slideshow on gcompris home page.

> Thank you for the presentation at the openSUSE conference, it was really
> interesting!
> (https://media.ccc.de/v/1304-gcompris-qt-package-s-journey-in-opensuse)
>
> Johnny
You're welcome.

The news I learn there, it will be possible to create appimage for any
applications with the usage of build.opensuse.org which can be also cool to
serve gcompris-qt to users of other Linux Distribution.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch