Next release timeframe ? And help for an article

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Wed Jun 14 11:45:06 UTC 2017

Hello Dev's....

In one month, openSUSE Leap 42.3 will be released, and beside GCompris-qt is
already available for openSUSE Tumbleweed since a long time, this is the first
time end-users will be able to play with GCompris-qt without any additionnal
repos, which is perfect.

Now my two questions, I've seen a number of commits since last 0.70 version,
some fixes, and enhancement. What kind of date target would you like to
release the new version ? (It is not a fundamental problem to propose an
update by maintenance channel in openSUSE). Just curious, and related to next
point.

Article : As Leap 42.3 is a kind of maintenance pack over previous version
without any big changes (mean easy and safe to upgrade) our Release Notes at
openSUSE is quite empty. So perfect time to put some lights on GCompris-qt ;-)

Our "commercial" guys, also ask me if we can provide a GCompris-qt article to
be published in some online and papers magazine.

As it's a first time for me to express the strengh of why people should use GC
I'm asking if you have any ideas, or ready materials (I guess some screenshots
will have to be redone and so on, then where to share them?)

As I'm a lucky guy that will goes on holidays in 10 days, during 2 weeks, I
thanks anybody that can have ideas.
We can certainly open a pad (kde infrastructure?) to share and make it a
collective works. (Perhaps it can be translated afterwards).

By the way, I was thinking about a nice title like:
One day or another, your child will start playing with computer,
give them the best : use gcompris-qt

All the best, with my regards.

--

Bruno Friedmann