SoK participation

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 10:01:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

do you have an estimation on how much time each task will take?

On 12/02/17 14:29, Amit Sagtani wrote:
> Hi,
> Myself Amit Sagtani, I am interested in participating in SoK(40 days
> project) as a student. I'd like to work on Task 1519
> <https://phabricator.kde.org/T1519> i.e. porting Gtk+ Railroad
> activity which is a part of memorizing activities. This activity was
> started in the
> branch(https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/?h=sok_iamutkarshtiwari_railroad).
>
> https://pasteboard.co/GWlIhz5.png
>
> <https://phabricator.kde.org/T1519>
> I tested it and have planned to implement following things so far -->
>   # Creating easy levels at the beginning(with fewer wagons and
> locomotives).
>   # Fixing layouts for the vertical screens and stretching of images.

The layout should be reworked, it's not natural to scroll horizontally
to show all the wagons in a row. There should be more rows (and maybe a
vertical scroll if there are a lot of wagons).

>   # Settings time for memorizing the wagons & locomotives according to
> difficulty levels.
>   # Implementing keyboard navigations.
>   # Adding sounds and audio effects.

Which kind/when?

>   # Fixing some bugs in the code.

Which ones?

> At present drag and drop is used for selecting and removing the wagons
> & locomotives while in Gtk+ version it was done with click to select
> and unselect. Which one is better is still to be decided.

Drag and drop allows the child to place the wagons where he wants. The
click only can help for people who have some motor issues. If we can
have both without any conflict of behaviour it can be interesting.
Another point for the click would be to select a wagon and if we click
on the top row with a selected wagon, it would place it at this position.