SoK participation

Amit Sagtani asagtani06 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:29:12 UTC 2017

Hi,
Myself Amit Sagtani, I am interested in participating in SoK(40 days
project) as a student. I'd like to work on Task 1519
<https://phabricator.kde.org/T1519> i.e. porting Gtk+ Railroad activity
which is a part of memorizing activities. This activity was started in the
branch(https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/?h=sok_iamutkarshtiwari_railroad).
https://pasteboard.co/GWlIhz5.png

<https://phabricator.kde.org/T1519>
I tested it and have planned to implement following things so far -->
  # Creating easy levels at the beginning(with fewer wagons and locomotives
).
  # Fixing layouts for the vertical screens and stretching of images.
  # Settings time for memorizing the wagons & locomotives according to
difficulty levels.
  # Implementing keyboard navigations.
  # Adding sounds and audio effects.
  # Fixing some bugs in the code.

At present drag and drop is used for selecting and removing the wagons &
locomotives while in Gtk+ version it was done with click to select and
unselect. Which one is better is still to be decided.

Any suggestions on above points and ideas to improve the activity are much
appreciated.

Regards,
Amit
IRC nick--> amit__