Idea for adding a new activity to GCompris

Aman Gupta gupta2140 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:42:42 UTC 2017

Yes, we can surely make planets revolve around the Sun and this would be
more attractive and fun for children. However we must consider the
following pros and cons:

*PROS:*
It would make the activity fun and attractive for children to study, and
they will not be bored.

*CONS about adding revolutionary movements:*
However, if i make round orbits around the Sun and place the planets in
their respective orbits and make them revolve, it would look congested, and
further we would have to reduce the size of the planets as well, to fit all
the 8 circular orbits in the screen as shown here-
*https://www.bforball.com/images/planets/planets.jpg
<https://www.bforball.com/images/planets/planets.jpg>* . If so, static
Solar System would be preferrable as here: *http://s1.dmcdn.net/NoiVN/
<http://s1.dmcdn.net/NoiVN/>1280x720-F8c.jpg  *or here-  *
http://www.smilepolitely.com/?ACT=33&f=solar_system_2__full-width.jpeg&fid=25&d=9143&
<http://www.smilepolitely.com/?ACT=33&f=solar_system_2__full-width.jpeg&fid=25&d=9143&>*

If this is a reasonable problem, we may find some other way to make it more
dynamic.