Idea for adding a new activity to GCompris

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 19:50:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I agree with Emmanuel, we shouldn't just do a lesson then quiz. It has
to be interactive, the child has to learn "without knowing it".

A similar idea on what is done in explore activities, having a real
solar system, with each planet having its label, its own size, distance
of the Sun and own revolution around the Sun could be a good start for
example (play/pause buttons, click on planets to get information)...
Then having another level where we can ask to click on specific planets
or other questions like that...

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3d-planets-qml-example.html is way too
complicated for children but may provide some interesting ideas/data.

Once we have agreed, can you please create a task in phabricator
(https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/142/) so we can have what
would be good to have and we can follow the progress?

Johnny