gsoc-alphabetical_order

Holger Kaelberer hk at elberer.de
Tue Apr 4 08:06:30 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 12:19 PM, Fòram na Gàidhlig wrote:

> Alphabetical order is also language-dependent, so, unless there is a
> library that you can use, the best way out will be to make the letters
> and letter order translateable and leave it up to the localizers to
> define the order for you.

Note that there is some support via ApplicationInfo::localeSort() depending on the platform you are
on. Unfortunately Qt does not yet support ICU based collation on all platforms (at least last time I
checked, 5.5.x) and falls back to posix, which only works for English. localeSort() works fine on
Linux and via a JNI-wrapper around Java Collator classes on Android, the latter works probably only
for locales installed on a resp. device. AFAIK other platforms are untested.