GCompris-devel Digest, Vol 23, Issue 4

Divyam Madaan divyam3897 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:57:20 UTC 2016

Hi,
I want to participate as a student in SOK and I have thought of the
following ideas:
1 Currently I am trying to complete my categorization(Downloading of images
part left) before SOK. I want to inherit my categorization activity for two
more categories.

a) Inheriting categorization for teaching  of words. for eg clock, ice
cream cone, glass, cookie, CD , dice are the words that user needs to
categorize. Then CD, cookie, clock are the good words(circles) and the
other are bad words.
Emmanuel also proposed before that we can use lexical words here which can
be used to teach them tenses, verbs etc for eg we can present a bunch of
words and the user has to categorise all the past tense words etc
b) Inheriting categorization for teaching maths. Currently I have thought
of only basic operations for eg Bunch of images will be presented on screen
and the user will be asked to drag 2 fruits + 3 vegetables to the correct
place and others to the left. It teaches them two things: to recognize
objects on basis of different categories and then the add operation :)
I would love to get your opinions on these ideas.

Thank you
Regards
Divyam Madaan