[GCompris-devel] Ideas for activities

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:05:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I answer in your email.

> This is Komal Parmaar (IRC - parmaarK)
>
> Kindly review the following ideas and give suggestions
>
> 2. Reading a calendar - Just like reading the clock activity. A date would
> be flashed on the screen and the child has to play with the calendar and go
> to the exact date. The levels : just the month, then the date, then day,
> year, leap year, etc.
>
> You could also do the other way around. What i did last year with 4-5-6
years old was to cross the current day, and asking to tell the date eg:
monday 21st of march.
If you offer a timeline representing the whole year, an other one the whole
month and an other one the whole week,on cards but with the cards returned,
they would also have to memorise the position of the months year and days
to return the right one the quickest as possible (if you make them play
against time). This would be a great

Your idea is absolutly great.

> 3. Food chain - A simple activity to demonstrate the working of food
> chains. There would be animal (or participants of the food chain), and
> there would be boxes with arrows (An empty food chain). Once the child
> drags the participants to their positions in the chain of boxes, the
> participants would animate to form the food chain eating each other. In
> case the highest level animal stay in the end of animation (balanced food
> chain), the level completes, else error and the child has to do it again.
>

> 4. Improvements in Baby Wordprocessor - Would like to extend this to add
> features like Bold, Italics, Underlined, change the font color, font size
> (in addition to the Title, Paragraph and subtitle), font style etc.
>
> 5. Half words - A word is sliced into half (from the middle -
> horizontally) and only one half is shown. The child has to guess the word
> correctly and either type in or I can provide the missing pieces of each
> letter and the child could just drag the piece together to make the full
> word.
>
> Did you think about something like this?
I think one of the problem would be to work with different languages.

http://laclassedelaurene.blogspot.fr/2010/11/puzzle-paire-animaux.html