[GCompris-devel] GCompris Network

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Jul 29 04:20:07 UTC 2016

Le 27/07/2016 21:21, JAZEIX Johnny a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> In the chat example
> (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtnetwork-network-chat-example.html)  the
> Client is an attribute of the ChatDialog class so it's created in the
> constructor of it.
>
> Not sure if it can be useful but:
> http://qmlbook.github.io/en/ch11/index.html
>
> I'm not a network developer but I would say that by default, all
> instances of gcompris that are started are client and we need to add
> an option in command line to be server (I don't know if we really want
> to have a gcompris instance server)?

Hi,

This is an interesting approach. The requirements to have a dedicated
GCompris instance server can be a plus and matches well with a school
usage. Let's say you run one GCompris in teacher mode. It becomes a
server in the chat model.

One thing to take care, there can be serveral teachers in a given school
network. Thus the protocol should be extended so that it broadcast a
teacher or classroom name and let the client attach to the correct one.