[GCompris-devel] Search feature

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:58:33 UTC 2016

> Le 11/01/2016 09:09, RISHABH GUPTA a écrit :
>>

>> Hello ,
>>
>> I am done implementing the backend part .I have tried it and it's
>> working fine .The only thing left is to decide where to put the search
>> icon  and connecting it to  Textfield.
>
> Hi,
>
> This is a very difficult choice to do. I would say that this feature is
> advanced and is of no use for many of our young users who can't write.
> It is most useful to parents or teachers trying to find the right
> activity. Thus I would not make this feature prominent.
>
> One proposal. We enter the search mode using ctrl-s on desktop and long
> click or double click on a section icon on mobile. In filter mode we
> replace the section bar by a search bar. Incrementally we display the
> matching activity in the activity area. A close icon let the user get
> back to the normal section display.

Hi,

ctrl+S is already used to hide sections, if we go for it, we should
not forget to update the documentation.
On my side, I would still put it somewhere visible. Maybe we can put
it on the section bar, with a setting to display it or not (false by
default)?

For the sections on top, it is a list, so it should resize
automatically if we add one more.

Johnny