[GCompris-devel] Search feature

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Jan 11 08:43:19 UTC 2016

Le 11/01/2016 09:09, RISHABH GUPTA a écrit :

> Hello ,
>
> I am done implementing the backend part .I have tried it and it's
> working fine .The only thing left is to decide where to put the search
> icon  and connecting it to  Textfield.

Hi,

This is a very difficult choice to do. I would say that this feature is
advanced and is of no use for many of our young users who can't write.
It is most useful to parents or teachers trying to find the right
activity. Thus I would not make this feature prominent.

One proposal. We enter the search mode using ctrl-s on desktop and long
click or double click on a section icon on mobile. In filter mode we
replace the section bar by a search bar. Incrementally we display the
matching activity in the activity area. A close icon let the user get
back to the normal section display.

I am open to proposals.