[GCompris-devel] Ideas for a new logo and mascot for GCompris

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:45:30 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

with the Qt version, we still use the Gtk+ icon. It would be nice to
start to brainstorm and think of ideas for the icon of the Qt version.

So don't hesitate to share any idea for what could be a nice icon
and/or a nice mascot for GCompris.

It does not need to be a plane or a vehicle (don't try cars, Bruno
don't like them ;)).

Some keywords:
Age 2-10 multi-activity
educational
school
teaching
learning
diversity
colorful
cute

On my side, one idea would be to play with books and a tablet (with a
light bulb displayed symbolizing "knowledge" for the philosophical
interpretation) and do something nice.

The mascot and logo do not need to be linked (no need to have the
mascot inside the logo for example).

For the mascot, Timothée has thought of reusing one of the animals
from the categories, maybe the cat with mouse and keyboard...
Bruno said: In no particular order my preferences are: cat, konki, panda, frog.

Any suggestions?