[GCompris-devel] Ideas for a new logo and mascot for GCompris

Holger Kaelberer hk at elberer.de
Wed Feb 3 09:25:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 06.01.2016 11:45, Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> with the Qt version, we still use the Gtk+ icon. It would be nice to
> start to brainstorm and think of ideas for the icon of the Qt version.
>
> So don't hesitate to share any idea for what could be a nice icon
> and/or a nice mascot for GCompris.
>
> It does not need to be a plane or a vehicle (don't try cars, Bruno
> don't like them ;)).
>
> Some keywords:
> Age 2-10 multi-activity
> educational
> school
> teaching
> learning
> diversity
> colorful
> cute
>
> On my side, one idea would be to play with books and a tablet (with a
> light bulb displayed symbolizing "knowledge" for the philosophical
> interpretation) and do something nice.
>
> The mascot and logo do not need to be linked (no need to have the
> mascot inside the logo for example).
>
> For the mascot, Timothée has thought of reusing one of the animals
> from the categories, maybe the cat with mouse and keyboard...
> Bruno said: In no particular order my preferences are: cat, konki, panda, frog.
>
> Any suggestions?

as the Tux-in-a-plane has somehow become *the* symbol for GCompris (as has the name) one could also
think of sticking to this icon and just transform it in a way that reflects the changes of the new
version. Like adding a second seat for konqi or slightly changing the color scheme to KDE blue or Qt
green ... or so. :-)

Holger