[GCompris-devel] GCompris iOS test result

Sayan Biswas techsayan01 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:28:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

Smoke test results for iOS GCompris

*Title:* Background image looks like of dull. More or less all the images
looks dull.

*Title:* Even after increasing the volume and manually configuring the
setting from the application, there is no sound.

*Title:* In Click or tap activity the tiles are overlapping with the Level,
Information and Home button at the bottom which makes it difficult for the
user to click on the particular tiles.

*Title:*Control the hose-file activity

*Detail:* In this activity if the user is using the portrait view, the
hose-pipe is not adjusted with the fire burning like it is adjusted with
the landscape view.

*Title:* Control the fire activity 2

*Detail:* After dragging the water in particular view, if a user switches
the view from landscape to portrait or from portrait to landscape the water
in the pipe goes back to source. In other words, the game gets restarted as
it looks like if we switch the view(landscape-portrait).

*Title:* Click and draw activity

*Detail:* On reaching level 5, the selected dots are overlapping with the
status bar at the bottom. Suggestion will be to auto hide while loading
such apps or make the canvas a smaller so that the user can play with or
without the status bar at the bottom.

*Title:* Click on me activity

*Details:* If the user frequently switches from the landscape to portrait
and vice-versa, the fishes at the bottom of the portrait view when switched
to landscape view goes out screen(not visible fully, only the upper part of
the fish is visible).

*Title:* Move the mouse or touch the screen activity is same as click or
tap. There is no point keeping both the activities for iOS version. Its
redundant.

*Title:* Falling words activity

*Detail:* If the user is playing in the landscape mode and say some word is
extreme right or extreme left of the screen and now the user switches the
view to portrait, the word vanishes in that view. But somehow if we switch
again to the landscape view the word reappears at it proper position with
the speed.

*Title:* Falling words activity

*Details:* The speed of falling words in the landscape and portrait view is
same which actually lets the user switch views if the user is unable to
time the word on time. Ideally both the view should have different speed of
falling or the relative position of the word to the screen should be
adjusted even if we switch the view.

*Title:* Simple letter activity

*Details:* Same problem like falling words activity.

*Title:* Chronos activity

*Detail:* As soon the app is launched, GCompris is totally frozen. I have
tried twice and thrice and every time its the same result.

*FEW MORE ACTIVITIES ARE LEFT. I WILL GIVE THE TEST RESULT SOON*

Thanks and Regards,
Sayan