[GCompris-devel] Idea discussion

Divyam Madaan divyam3897 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:29:08 UTC 2016

Hello folks,
My name is Divyam Madaan,First year undergraduate student from India.I came
across GCompris in conf.kde 2016 and really liked its concept and loved the
way it benefits the children.I would be glad to be a part of GCompris by
contributing in it and have pondered over various ideas for different
activities which are as follows:
1) Identify the shapes: I thought it of two ways:
a) A real life object can be shown for eg. A stick and there will be four
options to identify which shape is it.The options might contain only the
names of shapes for eg ractangle , square , line etc or shape's name along
with their shape diagram so it gets easier for kids to identfy.The correct
answer is to be guessed from the options to proceed in the next level.
b) A scene can be shown for eg a basketball game and we need to find a
shape say for eg sphere out of the scene.So the basketball is to be chosen
in this case as the correct answer.
With this activity the kids will start relating real life objects with the
geometrical shapes and will look and identify them from a different
perspective.

2) Sort it out: In this activity a bunch of shapes would be provided for eg
star and circle or same shapes i.e only stars.Then the shapes need to be
sorted out based on different criterias which can be either shape,size or
color.
With this activity the kid will learn to seperate/sort things out based on
different criterias.

Thank you
Regards
Divyam Madaan