[GCompris-devel] New translation : GTK or Qt

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:32:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

welcome!

The Gtk version is the old GCompris version and the current version is
the Qt one.
The translations of both versions are distinct and separated (there are
2 po files in 2 distinct repositories).
When porting Gtk activities, if the strings are still valid, we keep
them so if translations already existed for some language, we have a
script for retrieving them.

You can find the status of translation at
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris_qt.po/.
The file should be located at:
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/be/messages/extragear-edu/gcompris_qt.po.
You should check with the team if they have specific process for
creating the file or for translation in general.

The translation will be available for the Qt version. So officially
android for now, but there are beta version for macOS, windows, linux...

If you have questions related to translation in general, there is also
the kde-i18n-doc at kde.org <mailto:kde-i18n-doc at kde.org> list.
We are also/in/ irc channels: server is irc.freenode.net and channels
#gcompris and #kde-i18n.

I hope I answered all your questions and don't hesitate to ask if you
have more.

Johnny