[GCompris-devel] New translation : GTK or Qt

Dzianis Yadzi den.overtone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:07:23 UTC 2015

Hello!

I'm  a newcomer to gcompris contribution and, actually, I have no
experience in contributing to "world-wide" software. Sorry if I'm writing
to the wrong place. I'd like to participate in translating GCompris to
Belarussian. I've contacted our localization team, who made gnome and kde
translations and they haven't been translating GCompris. So I hope we'll be
active again. But I have something left to figure out:

1) Is GTK-translation somehow ported to the Qt-version - if we are going to
begin from the scratch, which version to choose ?
2) If I understood the process well we should at least create belarussian
po-files here https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/ and make I kind of
pull request (sorry, mb I'm wrong with this - I'm not familiar with svn at
the moment) - is that for kde environment only or will that translation be
available in gnome, or in androind and windows ?

Regards,
Dzianis