[GCompris-devel] Season of KDE 2015

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Oct 13 22:32:46 UTC 2015

Le 13/10/2015 19:46, Rohan Kumar a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am a second year undergraduate at Indian Institute of Technology
> (IIT) Bombay.
>
> I am interested in participating in Season of KDE 2015. I had a look
> at the ideas page and was very much interested in the project
> regarding GCompris activities I believe that I have the correct
> background for the project. To elucidate the same my CV can be found
> at http://home.iitb.ac.in/~k.rohan/140020123_resume.pdf
> <http://home.iitb.ac.in/%7Ek.rohan/140020123_resume.pdf>
>
> I wanted to know how to proceed forward with my application? I know
> that I need to submit a short proposal however the KDE page is a bit
> unclear about the selection procedure. Kindly clear this up for me as
> soon as possible.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in GCompris.

A good first step is to create an exercise as described in
http://gcompris.net/wiki/An_exercise_for_new_contributors

Then, when you know better the project you can make us a proposal
explaining what you would like to do for GCompris.

Concerning the selection process, usually we get more proposals than the
number of student we can take. We decide on the quality to the exercise,
past experience in development and especially in Free Software and of
course the proposal itself.