[GCompris-devel] Preparing release 0.50

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Nov 18 02:39:21 UTC 2015

> Hi all,
> Any idea (ETA) when we could see 0.50 released and put at
> http://gcompris.net/download/ , some sort an initial .deb package. I
> am guessing it would take quite some time.
Hi,

It is not a good idea to distribute a .deb on gcompris.net. This is not
the usual distribution way for debian users.

I would prefer to look after other options like a universal installer
like Qt is doing for Qt Creator for example.

> Also if there is a changelog that I could look at/follow -
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/edu/gcompris/repository/revisions/master/revisions
> as Bruno's notes didn't tell where I or other interested folks could
> get info.  about  what changes there was in between the last release
> and this one . From buno's present 'confession' of the same below -
>
> "So far we have many fixes and improvements all around in 355 commits and
> 10 new activities have been added:
>
> By Bruno : chess, chess_2players, chess_partyend, melody
> By Siddhesh Suthar (part of GSoC): lang
> By Pulkit Gupta: paintings
> By Johnny Jazeix, readingh, readingv
> Sagar Chand Agarwal (part of GSoC): renewable_energy, watercycle " -  Bruno

I don't understand very well what you expect here. A more detailed
change log ?