[GCompris-devel] combobox rework

Holger Kaelberer hk at elberer.de
Sat Mar 28 09:16:11 UTC 2015

Hi

On 03/26/2015 11:07 AM, Johnny Jazeix wrote:

> But, I'm not sure on how to implement the validation.
>
> Is it better to do :
> * A simple click validates the user choice and hides the list?
> or
> * You can select the items as you want and on the bottom of the list,
> there is a Cancel/Accept icon/text to validate once you have chosen?
>
> First solution makes only one click for user but if it is not sure and
> click by mistake he has to reopen the list.
>
> Second one makes two clicks but the user can "take its time" to choose.

imho the 1st, go with how it works usually: one click selects. If mistake -- do it again.

> Another point is how to differenciate the current item from the
> others. Is having different colors enough or adding an icon besides
> the chosen one is better (a checked cross for example)?

Hm, not sure about this. Personally I'd try with a color based highlighting with enough contrast for
not causing problems for diseases like red-green blindness. Although, on Android standard seems to
come with a checkbox.

Holger