[GCompris-devel] saving the progress for Lang activity.

Siddhesh Suthar siddhesh.it at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 13:04:07 UTC 2015

hello,

I am porting language learning activities. Its almost complete. Now i have
to save the progress of words which a user has learnt per lesson wise.

The current idea I discussed with JohnnyJ is to save the progress in a qml
file inside (resource/data) of the activity. then, we need to see how to
define the format.
There can be different approaches to it.

   1. we store only the savedProgress corresponding to its lesson, and
   everything else for the menuModel will be fetched from words.json through
   lang_api
   2. we also have to think if we can make this saving generic and where do
   we store it (as I don't think it is great to save it in configuration file
   because then as we want this to be potentially usable by other activities,
   putting these in the config file don't look like to be a good idea).
   3. johnny jaziex added:  I would prefer a special file for all the
   progresses because then, if the teacher wants to retrieve all the stats for
   a child, only one file with only necessary data would be better instead of
   all the config file.
   4. In json, we can't translate (use qsTr()) but you can in qml, so it
   was more to provide the translators all the strings in the same translation
   file they already use.

I would love to hear your ideas about it. Want to know what can be the best
approach for it.

Siddhesh suthar