[GCompris-devel] rcc voice packages issues

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Jul 30 18:59:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am now using Qt5 rcc on gcompris.net to create the rcc for the voices.
I found out that now just creating 2 times the same rcc makes it's
md5sum different. We had checked on Qt4 rcc and it was not te case.

What happens is that since we recreate all the packages each time we run
the packaging script we are creating new files we different md5 even it
the content is the same. I assume rcc now includes a processing date
which would explain the md5 difference.

How can we improve our process there? Some ideas could be to move back
to Qt4 or use a makefile so we recreate only rcc when there is changes
in the list of files.

Any ideas?