[GCompris-devel] Reporting voice status

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Jul 21 01:15:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

It is getting harder and harder to know the translation status for a
given locale.

To make it easy to have a fast overview of what is missing, I just
pushed a new tool in out voice repository on github:
https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-voices/blob/voices/check_voices.py

This tool makes an indeep analysis of the translation status, looking
for different mandatory files in our code, counting the translation of
the po files and looking at voices directory.

With all these data it create a one page report with all we miss for
each locale. You can have a look at this report here:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/check_voices_result.html

It can still be improved but it's way better than what we had and I
realize how big we had a need for it.