[GCompris-devel] Hardcoded language support

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Jan 18 22:43:47 UTC 2015

Le 18/01/2015 14:06, JAZEIX Johnny a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> You're right, the list is harcoded and out of sync. We had a
> discussion about it before the release and the problem was/is how to
> get localized names of the languages. I looked at
> QLocale(locale).nativeLanguageName() which can give us them but they
> are not all available.
Hi, in fact no, we had the country in this list localized but decided it
was not a good idea. Languages must be proposed untranslated. You always
know how to read the name of the language you want to select. But you
may not know how to read it when translated in another language.

> Maybe we can have a local file like the activities.txt which lists all
> the locales and the language name in its locale? It won't change a lot
> so we will be able to maintain it "easily" and not too often?
What is important to me is to have to do this in a single location. Why
not just maintaining the list in DialogConfig.qml as it is. I just
pushed a commit to have the locale list up front in the file, it is
easier to maintain.