[GCompris-devel] the MacOS side of things

B.J. bj at koupps.net
Thu Apr 30 17:44:02 UTC 2015

	Here are some [very] minor things I've noticed while students use 0.35 release under my observation:

Sliding block puzzle game (cars) - it might help if refreshing/resetting the current puzzle would maintain the same car colors...it changes them each time as it is.
Number sequence (connect the dots) - if it's possible to offer a preference to begin at 1 instead of 0, it might be a minor enhancement, since some users don't have sufficient cognition to remember the concept of “zero"
In “falling words” if students type any faster than the voice that announces letters, the queue of sounds to be played pile up.  If the level changes the voice will continue reading letters from the last level.  It’s more entertaining/amusing than cumbersome, but like I said these are minor—trying really hard to point out anything we can find!
Fullscreen works if we enter preferences, turn fs off, return to the main screen, enter preferences again, turn fs back on, and return to the main screen.  Once the program is exited we have to run through the same process to re-enable true fullscreen.  I’m sure that one’s already known though.

	Otherwise I don't think they're noticing anything super-odd yet; we'll keep at it.  We can't wait until the jigsaw puzzles and/or the painting details are ready, hopefully someday :) So many things are better, but in particular they've noticed that "count the items" (because of the per-item checking) and "falling words" (because of the audio feedback) are vastly improved.  I'm going to try to play with the fullscreen problem this summer if i can allocate time.  Bruno—thanks again for sending me notice about the new binary!