[gcompris-devel] No audio in OS X Mavericks beta

Phil gilberthuph at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:28:25 UTC 2014

I'm not really sure what I need to look for but all the items containing
'plugin' are:

Silva% cd /Applications/GCompris.app/
Silva% find . -iname '*plugin*'
./Contents/plugins
./Contents/qml/QtMultimedia/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Controls/libqtquickcontrolsplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Controls/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/libdialogplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/Private/libdialogsprivateplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/Private/libdialogsprivateplugin_debug.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Layouts/libqquicklayoutsplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Layouts/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Particles.2/libparticlesplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Particles.2/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Window.2/libwindowplugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick/Window.2/plugins.qmltypes
./Contents/qml/QtQuick.2/libqtquick2plugin.dylib
./Contents/qml/QtQuick.2/plugins.qmltypes

This is the output when I start via the terminal:

Silva% /Applications/GCompris.app/Contents/MacOS/GCompris
Unable to load translation for locale  "en_GB" , use en_US by default
exeCount set to:  9
Downloading resource file "data/voices/voices-en.rcc"
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for -
"org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
qml: enter main.qml (run #9)
qrc:/gcompris/src/core/Bar.qml:138:9: QML AnimatedImage: Error Reading
Animated Image File qrc:/gcompris/src/core/resource/loader.gif
Local resource is up-to-date: "voices-en.rcc"
Succesfully registered resource "/Users/phil/Library/Application
Support/KDE/GCompris/data/voices/voices-en.rcc" (rcRoot=
"/gcompris/data/voices" )
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for -
"org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for -
"org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
qrc:/gcompris/src/core/Bar.qml:138:9: QML AnimatedImage: Error Reading
Animated Image File qrc:/gcompris/src/core/resource/loader.gif
qml: Wordlist: loaded 3 levels from file
qrc:/gcompris/src/activities/smallnumbers2/resource/default-en.json
qml: error while playing:
qrc:/gcompris/data/voices/en/intro/smallnumbers2.ogg: The QMediaPlayer
object does not have a valid service
qml: error while playing: qrc:/gcompris/data/voices/en/intro/menu.ogg:
The QMediaPlayer object does not have a valid service
qml: core.js: about to quit
DownloadManager: shutting down, 0 active jobs