[GCompris-devel] Eventual contributing students

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Nov 17 22:42:28 UTC 2014

Le 17/11/2014 22:56, Amine Brikci-Nigassa a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am a teacher at the CS department of The University of Tlemcen
> (Algeria).
> In a few days our 3rd year students will have to choose a 4 months
> project to prepare in order to validate their studies.
> As a Free Software advocate, I am wondering if I can suggest them to
> contribute to GCompris'  QtQuick migration.
> We have taught them C/C++ and hey have some notions of JavaScript, so
> I am confident they will easily apprehend the development of activities.
>
> Is it possible to assign them a part of the migration process, some
> little activities?

Hi,

Welcome on GCompris.

One first information, you may have been interested to register your
students for season of KDE [1]. By at this time the program registration
is over.

Yes, we are always open to have students working on GCompris and we do
our best to help them.

There are still some easy activities left to port but some are more
complex. I suggest to drive them on a simple one to start with and then
go on a more complex depending on the time they have and the expertise
level you expect from them.

The students can join the mailing list and our IRC channel to get help.

Bruno.

[1] https://season.kde.org/?q=program_home&prg=32