[gcompris-devel] Development switches to CMake

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun May 18 21:44:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

We completed the work to switch from qmake to CMake thanks to the work
of Johnny.

We updated the development instructions in our wiki:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process

The CMake branch is there:
https://git-next.kde.org/kde/gcompris/commits/cmake-qsettings

We will merge this branch in the master one next week-end (24-25 of may).

Before this date, you can still commit your work in the master branch
and I will take care to port it to the CMake branch.

After this date you will have to rebase yourself and make the merge on
your side (or ask me to merge your branch).

This branch brings many enhancements:
- translations
- activities resource files are split in compiled rcc (this speeds
drastically the build)
- configuration dialog box based on QSettings
- a lot of tuning in many activities

Let me know if this is unclear or if this is a problem for you.