[gcompris-devel] About Art4Apps library

Bastien bzg at laptop.org
Mon Jan 13 08:21:55 UTC 2014

Isabelle DUSTON <isabelle at ilearn4fun.org> writes:

> I have just found an other one, even better
>
> http://www.nuance.com/vocalizer5/flash/index.html

It's indeed very good.

I've found this demo page, where you can download the .wav output:

http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-solution/customer-service-solutions/solutions-services/inbound-solutions/loquendo-small-business-bundle/interactive-tts-demo/index.htm

> It has many languages, I wonder whether there could be a way to ask them for
> the permission to use them... it's not as if it would hurt their business,
> they make money with industry, not with people like us , who do apps for
> kids:(

The page above explicits the copyright terms in details.

The generated .wav files contain copyrighted materials, and
even if they allow some non-profit to reuse the files for some
use, this would (sadly) not be compatible with Sugar terms and
free software in general.

--
 Bastien