[gcompris-devel] About Art4Apps library

Isabelle DUSTON isabelle at ilearn4fun.org
Sun Jan 12 17:43:53 UTC 2014

I have just found an other one, even better

http://www.nuance.com/vocalizer5/flash/index.html

It has many languages, I wonder whether there could be a way to ask them for
the permission to use them... it's not as if it would hurt their business,
they make money with industry, not with people like us , who do apps for
kids:(

On 1/12/14 6:43 AM, "Bruno Coudoin" <bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net> wrote:

> Le 12/01/2014 01:00, Isabelle Duston a écrit :
>> Recently I have tried the artificial "text to speach" softwares to generate
>> audio.... the result is amazing, and much easier than getting real recording.
>>
>> There might be some copyright issue, so I did upload them on art4apps, but
>> may it is some thing to explore...
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an interesting approach. The tests I did several years ago was
> not very good. As we are talking education, it is important to have a
> good pronunciation. Also I found out that not all languages are
> available and on the same software the quality may vary between languages..
>
> But yes I am confident that the quality of these software have improved.
> We also have to check licensing issues.
>
> Could you share with us which software you tested?
>
> Bruno.

 Isabelle Duston
 CEO & President