[gcompris-devel] Whattime Activity

Kesha Shah kesha.shah1106 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:47:10 UTC 2014

Hi Bruno,

Wish you a happy and prosperous new year. Hope you had a great Christmas !

I have completed making the whattime activity, which I had been making a
few days ago. I have pushed it on github.[1] Kindly pull it and suggest the
necessary modifications you would like to see.

-> Basically, it is a 4 level activity now.
-> Level 1 is the page saying what this activity is all about. We will work
with 12-hour format.
-> Level 2 has 5 sub-levels with easy difficulty level with the minute hand
either on 0, 15, 30 or 45.
-> Level 3 has 10 sub-levels, with high difficulty level with the minute
hand on closed set [0,59].
-> And in the forth level, it displays the scoreboard of total attempts,
correct attempts and wrong attempts.
-> Also, on the GCompris bar, a new icon for help on how to read the clock
has been added.
->If the kid enters a wrong value, the Tux gives him another chance saying
Try Again and also guiding him whether hour or the minute he has entered is
wrong.
->Moreover, bounds have been put on hour and minute. So if he enters say
hour 15 or minute 70, he would get an appropriate error saying Wrong answer
due to Out of bounds of hour or minute respectively.
->Care has been taken taken that the kid doesn't by mistake press a more
than 2 digit input for minute or hour.

Should I make a documentation for this activity ?

I really enjoyed making it and wish to make GCompris more rich with new
activities. I read about the language learning activities.[2] Could you
please elaborate on them, like what is the actual idea behind it and how
are you planning for its implementation etc. I think the discussion about
this would be more involving if we could show up on IRC at some mutually
convenient time.

Cheers !

Regards,
Kesha Shah.