[gcompris-devel] GCompris's future

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Feb 10 01:25:21 UTC 2014

Le 10/02/2014 01:40, Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes a écrit :
> Not necessarily. Again, in a classroom, free talk is a good way to
> stimulate children to discuss. If a teacher wants to reprehend a
> children with bad behavior on chat, he/she can talk his/her
> personally.:-)
This is true but the difficulty could be that the teacher is not on the
channel at the time an inappropriate exchange happens in the classroom.

I remember now that one day a US school admin told me that he removed
the chat activity being afraid that a children complain of having being
harassed on the chat without the teacher being aware and thus being able
to intervene.

I did not though about this at that time but this is no more different
in the real word that when one children harass another while playing in
the schoolyards.

I thus would tend to say that we should not manage this. If a teacher or
a school don't feel confident using this, they won't anyway, whatever
spying tool we provide. Let's focus on those being able to mitigate the
risk of using a such tool.