[gcompris-devel] Web administration interface

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Aug 25 23:06:17 UTC 2014

Le 25/08/2014 21:38, Emmanuel Charruau a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to suggest an idea for the futur web exercice editor (mcq -
> linking pairs of data ....)
> We could use mediawiki to post new exercices. The advantage would be that
> teachers could discuss exercices contents, correct them, complete them,
> follow how exercices evolve,  and the version managment is great.
> We would then need to add a view area (like the preview in media wiki) to
> allow teachers to see and test their exercices before to publish them.

Hi,

If the idea is to use mediawiki to organize the creation of the
exercices I agree. But as you suggest that we could extend mediawiki to
let it know about a GCompris dataset format, I don't think we should go
this path. Again, we are a now a Qt community and have to create some
coherency in our development if we want to be able to maintain our code
in the long run.

Having to manage synchronized upgrades of mediawiki and Qt  on a large
number of distro would be rather challenging.