[gcompris-devel] The next file format

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Aug 25 22:56:48 UTC 2014

Le 25/08/2014 14:50, Emmanuel Charruau a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I had some thought about this format, I already shared them with Bruno but
> it would be interesting to know what you think about them.
> The most important for me is that this format has to be directly
> writable/readable by any normal teacher.
> What I had in mind when I thought that was the wiki language.
>
> Then my thought was that to keep it extremely simple we need to have a
> dedicated syntax per activity.
> Teachers would not need to learn these languages, simply copy paste
> examples taken from a cookbook and adapt them.
>

> Lets take the example we put in our wiki activity proposition page.
>
> Here the activity is a MCQ and the question is "find the opposite."
>
>            exercice type: MCQ
>          Where is the [little|big,red] cat
>
> In [ ] are the answers to propose, the first one is the good one).
>
> You can see that the syntax is extremly easy and can be mastered in a few
> seconds by teachers.
>
> Lets take now a format to choose pairs of words. The format could be
>
> exercice type: pairs of choices
> [3-Blue] [1-Rouge]
> [1-Red] [2-Jaune]
> [2-Yellow] [3-Bleu]
>
> Again the format is extremely simple to understand.
> The exercice can be directly typed into a web interface and tested on the
> flow by the teacher using a web javascript program, and this without the
> need to plugin into GCompris.
> The questions can be directly copyed into JSON without parsing of any type.
>
> Any comment?

Hi,

After the Randa meeting, what we have in mind now is to stay off the web
and provide a GCompris Admin tool in Qml that is connected through a web
API (schoolbus) to a central place. Our point is that we want to focus
on Qt development and we don't want to have to code for example the same
thing for the Web, for the Admin and for GCompris.

In your case, as the dataset must be parsed by GCompris in Qml, we are
best staying on this platform for the Admin as well.

There maybe a Web interface but it will be limited to the admin of the
web service itself.